Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Been wanting to post

I've been wanting to post about my job, but every time I tried, it didn't seem right. I couldn't write. But a conversation with Kitty helped. Cause conversations with Kitty always helps. Cause good conversations with good friends always help. Thanks Kitty.

And just to make it clear, I'm not sayin there's anything wrong with working at Starbucks or the library. I probably would have applied to Starbucks if I hadn't found Greenlining. We all need to pay bills.

[09:49] Nicky Cabal: what time do you have class on friday?
[09:55] Kathleen Abanilla: 10-11, 1-5
[09:57] Nicky Cabal: so you can drink thursday nt then!
[09:57] Nicky Cabal: woohoo!
[10:01] Kathleen Abanilla: haha
[10:09] Nicky Cabal: it's so weird what im researching at work
[10:10] Nicky Cabal: im researching the cost of chronic diseases
[10:10] Nicky Cabal: especially on minorities
[10:10] Nicky Cabal: that's me kitty!
[10:10] Nicky Cabal: that's you too!
[10:10] Nicky Cabal: im part of these statistics
[10:10] Nicky Cabal: haha
[10:11] Kathleen Abanilla: whoa
[10:11] Kathleen Abanilla: chronic like auto-immune or chronic like heart disease and diabetes?
[10:12] Nicky Cabal: more heart disease/diabetes/hypertension, cause they're more widespread
[10:12] Nicky Cabal: but auto-immune is still encompassed in many studies
[10:13] Nicky Cabal: the more and more im here, the more and more i realize that this is a really good opportunity
[10:13] Nicky Cabal: im not just working at starbucks or stackin books at the library
[10:14] Nicky Cabal: im doing real research
[10:14] Nicky Cabal: not just for my career
[10:14] Nicky Cabal: but for myself
[10:14] Nicky Cabal: and my own health
[10:14] Nicky Cabal: sorry. i just had an epiphany and wanted to share it
[10:15] Kathleen Abanilla: you should totally put that on your blog
[10:16] Nicky Cabal: i try writing entries
[10:17] Nicky Cabal: like i've tried a few times
[10:17] Nicky Cabal: but when im done, i dont like it
[10:17] Nicky Cabal: so i dont post it
[10:17] Nicky Cabal: haha
[10:17] Nicky Cabal: maybe i'll post this entire conversation
[10:18] Nicky Cabal: instead of trying to write it out on my own
[10:27] Meebo Message: Kathleen Abanilla is offline

1 comment:

Kat said...

Sorry Nicky that I didn't properly say bye..I hate doing that..but my battery was gonna die at any moment so I quickly went to save my essay and signed off. But yay! I'm glad you made a post, and it's cool that I'm on it, haha! Take care, hopefully see you soon =)