Saturday, April 3, 2010

Drive

All of us have it. It's called ambition. The call we hear inside to aspire to do and be something greater. The books I have been reading lately (e.g. The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown, Paulo Coelho novels, and The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch) center around a person's need for accomplishment. And it has got me to thinking.

What do I want to accomplish?

There's no best way to answer this, but I can say some overly general paths I want to walk towards.

I want...
1. to do something that will affect others in a positive way, to give them the drive for life that I feel. This is first and foremost.
2. to be able to say that I feel no hatred towards others. Though I may disagree with people and situations, I want to be in a state where I can at least be understanding. (This is inspired by A Return to Love by Marianne Williamson - which I'm still in the process of reading)
3. to take on tasks I see others take which I at first think is too much work or which intimidate me.
4. to continue to work at things I don't have an innate talent for but still enjoy doing.
5. to be a person that can be counted on.



Note: Many of these were reinforced by itsrichelle.

No comments: