Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Roller Coaster

2011 is not even half way through, but already the emotional ups and downs have been many. It's strange to think that I'm at the age when situations don't just seem big, they truly are big. The wider your close circle becomes, the more the events in their lives have a profound meaning in your own.

Just over a month ago, the world lost a fun, free-spirited, truly gifted and caring person. Saying goodbye to a friend is never easy. All I can do is think about the good times we had together, and hope that I will never forget the lessons that he taught me.

Probably the greatest lesson taught was to put passion in everything you do.

The excitement felt when someone is accepted into higher (higher) education, is graduating, or is getting married has always been there. But now, I feel it's all magnified. Congratulations to everyone that this applies to.

At the same time, the bad news too, has been magnified. Emotional and physical issues just seem all to common in recent months. Like a mild earthquake, they have shaken the foundations of what I had come to know as life's constants. I can only pray that these aren't previews of a larger quake to come.

No comments: