Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Best Series I've Ever Seen.

If you haven't watched The West Wing, I suggest you do. I mean, yeah, I am a huge fan of the Wire and it's become one of my favorite shows of all time. But if you were inspired/thought-provoked by the Wire, watch The West Wing.

Here's a scene from season 4 of the show. The president is on a campain for re-election and two of his top aides, Toby Zeigler and Josh Lyman are discussing the election.

Toby: "If our job teaches us anything, it's that we don't know what the next president's gonna face. If we choose someone with vision, someone with guts, someone with...gravi tas, whose connected to other people's lives and cares about making them better. If we choose someone to inspire us, then we'll be able to face what comes our way, and achieve things we can't imagine yet. Intead of telling people who's the most qualified, instead of telling people who's got the better ideas, let's make it obvious."

It's gonna be hard."

Josh: "Then we'll do what's hard."

A president that inspires. The cynic in me thought I could only find it in a TV show.

2 comments:

Malachi said...

How many times did you have to rewind that scene to get the quote right?

:P

[ nicky ] said...

oh dang. i pressed pause like 10 times im guessin. do you happen to have the dvd's to seasons 5-7?