Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Make Your Move.

Yesterday I had a good conversation with a good friend. Two things I love.

I asked if my blog was kinda emo. Her response, "Well, you've almost died twice. So if anyone has an excuse to be emo, it's you." We both laughed.

But as I think about it, I'm pretty far from emo. Or at least what I perceive as emo. I always try to have hope. Look at the bright side of things. Because that's all any of us can do. Right? Hope that the best is yet to come. Yeah! It is. We're all still pretty young. No matter what mistakes or what missed opportunities we might have made in the past, the cool thing is that on any given day, we can try and wipe our slate clean by forgetting about it and by saying we won't make those mistakes in the future. I'm sure we will repeat some of the same mistakes and miss some more opportunities. But we'll also learn from our past and do better on some other things.

Dwelling on the past makes for unhappy present and an unstable future.

On a side note. A special shout-out to Quiz.
Damn, she probably woulda given me her number if I asked for it. Oh those missed opportunities! Haha.

Love you all. (I know that was kinda emo. But hell. I almost died twice :P)

3 comments:

mc said...

you got mad game son.

it's all about the socks

Kristine Dahl said...

nicky!

i <3 your optimism. thank you for listening :)

Owen said...

what??
why am i just discovering this blog NOW??
in any case, i'm glad i did. you are indeed an inspiration.
love ya man!